Flu Vaccine Info FAQ:
· We will immunize parents if the supplies are there
· We have a very limited supply of live flumist, indicated for ages 2-50yr. It will preferentially be given to patients over parents. There will be forms online to screen for contraindications (not have had any wheezing in the past 12 mo.) that you should print and bring to your appt. Please let us know your preference (shot vs nasal mist) when you schedule.
· You must be > 6 mon. to receive the first flu vaccine
· Those less than 9 yrs should have received 2 flu doses in prior years, or will require 2 this season. We will help determine who needs 2 doses. Anyone requiring 2 doses will be preferentially scheduled for their 1st flu vaccine in Aug.
· You may schedule an appt for: the flu clinic Oct 12th (see below); on any given day (appt slots will be limited; or during a well visit. This may be done by calling the office or scheduling through the Athena portal.
If you choose to do the flu clinic, for social distancing purposes, we ask that you follow these instructions:
· When you call to make your appt, we need to know how many are receiving the vaccine, and which vaccine they prefer. We cannot guarantee flumist for all. Any one receiving flumist and ALL parents must each fill out the screener on our website.
· When you arrive, please park where you can see our back door. Call the after-hours # 850-543-9780 and you will be given a number. We will post this number on a board at the back door when we are ready for you.
· When you see your number, bring your entire family to the back door, along with any screeners. ALL older than 2 yrs old please wear masks. The nurse will administer the vaccine in my office. No families will have contact with each other, or any other clinic patients. Please be patient as we are doing the best we can under these circumstances.